Thursday, May 10, 2007

We found WIFI.....Yeah!!!!

Hello Everyone...hello Emma... We miss you so much!!!!!

We are in Kiev, its much larger than I expected. There are very tall apartment building everywhere. We are on the 5th floor of an old building that was built in 1920. Its very cool, 12 foot ceilings, wooden floors and no elevator! I am so glad we took lots of adaptors. The only electric issue is a heater/fan that is no more......oops. The accommodations are much like home.

The city is clean, the people are friendly. Gene, our POA, is wonderful. He and his staff watch over us and take us anywhere we want to go. The food is interesting..lots of garlic. So far so good! We do have Easy Mac for breakfast!

Its cool here, scattered rain. We are finally adjusting to the time.. 7 hours difference is allot!

OK... wonderful news at the appointment today. The women we met with were very nice and showed us 7-8 boys.
We have chosen to go and met a 2 1/2 year old boy. His name is Nykola. He is in the Zaporishshya region at the Sonechko Children's Home. We are waiting for the referral to visit, but it looks like we will travel there on Sunday night by train. Its about 8 hours away. We will get to met him on Monday to make our final decision about him. They will provide us with all his medical information. We hear he is walking and babbling, a very sociable little guy. We are so excited!!!!

This weekend we will say in Kiev. Gene has arranged a tour for us and we want to do some shopping. Nesting dolls and painted eggs are everywhere! I believe we will be in another apt. in Zaporizhzha, Gene said its a good region and he knows several people there! We will try to make time fly by shopping!!

We will post more later. Take care and hug Emma for me!!

5 comments:

Monica Bowden said...

The Bowden's are so excited for you (as everyone else it!). I spoke to your mom today, she sounds great. Emma has a full schedule, she can't fit me in! Jane says Liz has not had the baby yet, can you believe it? I will keep you updated. Jane and Ruggles say hello. Take lots of pictures for us. Lots of garlic, huh? Sounds yummo! Post soon....miss you. XOXOXO

Sandy & Jim & Emma said...

Hi mom,
I love you. I love you daddy. What day are you coming home? I am excited about my brother. What kind of ice cream does he like? Does he like sprinkles? I painted a whale today at school. We cleaned mommy's car today, it was messy. Now it is ready for brother. Tonight I get to stay up real late.

Bye mom, bye dad.

XO, XO, XO....../

EMMA

Lisa said...

I can't wait until Monday! I'm so excited for you both! Enjoy being tourists for a few days, take lots of pictures, and buy lots of cool Ukrainian things. The time will fly by.
Love, Lisa

Rusher's said...

Hope all goes well with Nykola "Sammy" Enjoy the weekend and stay safe.....we think of you daily and hope all goes as planned.

Love Ya!

The Normal Rushers!

p.s. Happy Mother's Day!

Sandy & Jim & Emma said...

HI mom, Hi dad,

Grandpa polished my finger nails and my toe nails. I just had a lazy day today. We have been watching the land before time movies (they have 12).

Bye mom, bye dad.